The Green from the southeast corner. Postcard, 1940s
High Street looking East from Southdown House. Postcard, 1940s
High Street looking East from just above Lower Green. Postcard, c. 1940s
Paul's Hill and Paul's Hill Oast. Postcard, c. 1940
Village Green taken from southwest corner towards St Mary's Church
The Green from Oak Cottage showing the footpath across to Powdermill Lane. Postcard produced by E.A. Sweetman & Sons Ltd., Tunbridge Wells. Probably 1920s
Lower Green, looking towards the High St. with the Bakery on the left and The Brickmaker public house in the centre, c. 1920
Penshurst Road from the four charity cottages (now the site of Saxby Wood), followed by the two cottages then known as Engineers Cottage (today Engineers Cottage and Sandelwood) to the Brickmakers. Postcard postmarked 1915
Lower Green through the Railway Bridge. Photograph from the album of the Rev. Octavius Walton (Vicar of Leigh 1906-18)
View towards South View and Church, showing footpaths across Green. Note horsedrawn vehicles. Date ? pre-WW1
Trough on village green. School in distance; Forge Cottage on right. Note no walkway/pavement around the Green and no vehicles. Date:?preWW1
Leigh High Street looking towards Andersons shop and war memorial, so post-1920. Note no cars; no pavement on left-hand side nor around the Green.
Postcard entitled A Kentish Farm, Leigh - view down towards what is now Pauls Farm Oast.
Leigh High Street looking East. Note wall on left in front of what was then Park Cottages - now the Stone House and Park Cottage. The wall has in part been demolished to make way for car access. On the right the first house of The Square.
View of Leigh School - note no pavement encircling Green, and children playing on the road.
View of East Lodge and Church ca 1910, showing picket fence at side of what is now part of garden at South View
Church Hill. From album of Rev. Octavius Walton Vicar of Leigh 1906-1918). View does not show the cottages on the right hand side, just entrance gate to them.