Penshurst Estate, 1822

Following the purchase by Sir John Shelley Sidney in about 1820 of Ramhurst, Little Barnetts, Great Barnetts and Muscombe the Penshurst Estate owned more than half the land in the Parish of Leigh

Superimposed on a copy of the modern 2.5 inch to the mile map of the parish of Leigh showing in green the land then owned by the Penshurst Estate

Following sales made 100 years later Penshurst Estate land in Leigh was reduced to the area it now owns in the southwest corner of the parish.

Penshurst_Estate

Top