Bombers Cottage is one of the cottages that predate the 1841 Tithe Map. Although today it has been extended, a clearer description of the original cottage is given in the 1921 Sales Particulars (p.21) of the Penshurst Estate when it was sold as one of the Leigh properties belonging to the Penshurst Estate. It is described as a cottage and garden near The Brickmakers’ Arms containing 39 perches. It is a brick-built and tiled Cottage containing kitchen, scullery, larder, two bedrooms and laundry. It is let to Mr Abner Parker on a half-yearly tenancy. (Outgoings: landlord pays rates).
Joyce Field (December 2015)