The small area of land that is occupied by the Cricket Pavilion in 1921 formed part of the Penshurst Estate. It was sold as part of the sale of the Leigh Penshurst Estate properties in 1921 – see Sales Particulars (p.18). In 1921 it is described as “a small area of building land” now occupied by The Cricket Pavilion, Leigh Green, occupying an area of about 2 perches. It was held by Leigh Cricket Club on a yearly 29th September tenancy. The Cricket Pavilion is removable by tenant.
Joyce Field (December 2015)