Engineers Cottages

Located between the Old Brickmakers and Saxby Wood.   Formerly Engineers Cottages – now Engineers Cottage and Sandelwood Cottage.

 

From the third postcard below shows the cottages dated 1915.

 

More information needed.

 

Engineers Cottages, High Street

Engineers Cottages, High Street

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Brickmakers Arms, plus view looking up the Hill towards two terraces of cottages furthest in picture) which were pulled down to make way for Saxby Wood in 1968/69. Also pair of buildings next to brickmakers would be Engineers Cottages (today Engineers Cottage and Sandalwood.

Brickmakers Arms, plus view looking up the Hill towards two terraces of cottages furthest in picture) which were pulled down to make way for Saxby Wood in 1968/69. Also pair of buildings next to brickmakers would be Engineers Cottages (today Engineers Cottage and Sandalwood.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Penshurst Road from the four charity cottages (now the site of Saxby Wood) - then the two cottages known as Engineers Cottages (today Engineers Cottage and Sandelwood) to the Brickmakers Arms and beyond. Postcard postmarked 1915

Penshurst Road from the four charity cottages (now the site of Saxby Wood) – then the two cottages known as Engineers Cottages (today Engineers Cottage and Sandelwood) to the Brickmakers Arms and beyond. Postcard postmarked 1915

Top